Tuesday, November 23, 2010

11-22-2010

" I'm pretty excited for thanksgiving here because we will be eating tons of food together as a mission and we get to watch Toy Story 3. This past week has been a lot of fun. I found out i'm staying in this area and i couldn't be more excited. I will be with the same comp. as well which i'm pretty excited about. We get along really well and work is going really well in our area. As a bonus we have the best new year house for fireworks. We are right next to the center of town and we are on the 8th floor with a perfect view of the entire city. I remember new years last year and it was crazy i can't imagine how awesome it will be this year since i'm going to be right next to the action. You should go to youtube and check out Tirana, Albania new years, i bet they have some awesome videos. This is a 6 week transfer so i will be here at least until January 4th when i new group comes in. I have a feeling i will be going to the outside zone in January. It kind of stinks because i was really hoping to stay in Tirana my whole mission because there hasn't been a missionary that has done that so people joke around and say i am the Tirana King because i have never left. I decided it's alright though because i love Tirana. I really hope to end in 2nd branch where i was born but i could see me going down south to Vlora which would be sick because i would be in a huge apartment complex on the 9th floor that looks over the coast. It's awhile a way though so we will see. There are also rumors of Cosovo opening which means missionaries from here would be going there. I don't think i will go there to open it up but it would be cool to say i was here when a new country allowed missionaries into it. We will find more about that come March... It has started raining here and thanks goodness we are busy with work. There is an awesome family getting baptized on Saturday. They are the other elders family in our district but i was there for the families first lesson when i was on a split and i have been over there a few more times and they are amazing. We helped them move into a new house on saturday and that was way fun. We loaded everything onto a truck and then all 4 us (the missionaries) were in the back holding stuff down while this crazy Albanian driver was going around corners way to fast. One of the elders was on top of a fridge,lol, and i was trying to hold it down because it was swinging and we thought he was flying off. I wish i had my camera to take a photo and to record a video because it was crazy. Our baptism date (Dorian) has been struggling a little but i think he will be fine. It's hard to meet with him because he doesn't have a phone so it's almost impossible to meet with him when he misses a lesson because we can't reschedule... Sorry i never have anything new to write about really. I'm doing well and enjoying my mission. We are going bowling tonight and then after that we are going to go make desserts with the sisters for thanksgiving."

No comments:

Post a Comment