Tuesday, December 1, 2009

11-30-09

"i didn’t take to many photos of thanksgiving because I don’t really think about it. We had a really big dinner with turkey, potatoes and tons of other stuff. Each companionship made a dessert as well so there were also tons of desserts there. I have been eating so much lately. Im pretty sure I have gained 10 pounds since being here. You would be happy, lol. I also do tons of pushups and pull-ups in the morning and at night so its not all fat. It will be nice when its summer and I can hopefully have a companion that likes running in the morning. We ended up watching the movie Up which I have seen before but it was a good movie so I didn’t mind watching it again. We didn’t have enough people to get a football game going but we have one planned for this week with a bunch of Albanians so it should be fun. I bet I wont get picked last again, lol. But if I do I guess I will just have to score on them and make them regret it.

This week has been a pretty boring week. We haven’t been teaching to many lessons and I think its because this week was also a holiday for Albanians because they were freed from turkey 500 years ago so it was their liberation day on Saturday and lots of places were closed down for most of the week. There weren’t any big parades or parties in the streets but just like Americans it was an excuse not to work and to get days off from work and school. Christmas and new years is huge here though. There are huge Christmas stores and tons of people excited for it. There isn’t a firework rule either so I heard sons of people just buy fireworks and on new years it looks like the city is at war. Im excited to see it. I don’t know how I will get the recording of it home to you but maybe I can find a way. One cool thing that happened was with the sisters in our area. We just finished with lunch and the sister and us split up because they were going back to there apartment place so we were walking back to the church and we got a call from the sisters telling us they were being followed by a bunch of boys who were yelling at them and cat calling them. So we told them to walk down an ally way that we knew we could cross up with them so 4 of us were speed walking down a few ally ways and we came to crossing and the sisters walked by and then we say the boys following them and then the sister s got stopped and the chuns as we call them kind of surrounded them but then out of nowhere all of us come up behind them and tell them to get lost. They were so scared they all went running except for about 2 of them who were to scared to run. The ones that ran stopped across the street and were watching us and you could tell they were scared for their friends,lol. The two that stayed we just talked to and told them to leave the sisters alone and they just kept looking at me and I think they were intimidated by how tall I was. It was the greatest thing ever. Just to mess with the friends across the street I put my hand to my ear and started to talk like I had an ear piece in,lol. Some people think we are like CIA so it was funny being able to do that and freak them out a little more."

No comments:

Post a Comment