"I’m not exactly sure what I’m doing for thanksgiving yet. We are trying to get about 12 elders together here in the Tirana area and play a soccer game in the morning because they have really nice indoor fields here that you can rent for an hour and with 12 of us it would be like 2-3 dollars a person which would be cheep. Then I know in the afternoon we go to the mission home and we have a huge thanksgiving lunch with all the elders in the mission.
About 40 of us. And then we watch a movie. I hope it’s Remember the Titans because that’s what it was going to be but then a few elders cried about it and now we might watch dumb Lion King.
That’s nice of the Kelley’s to say hi. Make sure to tell them hi for me and im doing great. Also tell Chris Sonnenberg I say hi. Mom told me last week that Justin is graduating in December I believe. So if you see the Reifsnyders tell them that I tell Justin hi and maybe I can get an address from him so I can write him a letter.
Ago so now time for how my week went. To be honest it was a long boring week for me because my companion got sick and we were stuck inside for 4 days!! Other elders had to bring us food and I was miserable and bored. I don’t know how many push-ups, pull-ups and crunches I did but it was A LOT!! I was so sore for a couple days, lol. I pretty much studied the language, scriptures and worked out. I also found other ways to entertain myself by cleaning the house, yelling at people out the window and trying to talk to them, which doesn’t work when your on the 8th floor. I also found that a small building across the road from us has tons of trash pilled up on it from random people throwing it on it so I decided to take all of this old gross fruit we had in our apartment and throw it on it. To say the least it was awesome. I found a watermelon that had to be at least 5 months old and threw it on the roof. It was cool watching it explode.
Don’t worry the building is empty and nobody owns it. It’s an old communism building that all the trash was on. My biggest worry was not make the watermelon all the way across the road and having land in the road everywhere. But I made sure the window was open far and I got some leverage behind it, lol. So ya that was basically my week. Except for Sunday whish was one of the 3 days we were out. We had a baptism and it went awesome. Tons of people showed up and I baptized one of the boys. Also their family was there and after the baptism the most amazing thing happened. Everyone was getting up to come congratulate the boys when the mom stood up at the stand and she started thanking everyone for what we have done for her boys. She also called me her son and said thank you to me. ( which a little side note she loves us and we go to their house and she cooks awesome food). Then she started to talk about how she supported her boys decision to
get baptized but she wasn’t interested herself and had no real desire to take the same path but that while during the baptism and watching her boys get baptized she was so touched by the love and the spirit that she also wants to be baptized now. It was crazy. She is already awesome and she gave me a poem book and she is a very successful Albanian. Whether she joined or not we would still be going to her house once a week to visit but now she wants to be taught. It was a very cool experience. Im actually going to send some photos so hopefully you get them. "
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment